Quick and easy Avocado Mash & Poached Egg recipe featuring mashed avocado on rye bread, poached egg, leafy greens, baby tomatoes, fetta and delicious flavours of lime, balsamic vinegar, dukkah and pepitas by Mind Body Soul Balance Coach, Rose Burnett.
The perfect post-workout breakfast to refuel your body or Sunday brunch recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
Prep & Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
1 x Large Free Range Egg
1/2 Ripe Avocado
4 x Cherry Tomatoes
Handful of Rocket
1 x Slice Rye Bread or Wholemeal Bread
Pepitas (pumpkin seed) or mixed seeds
1 Tablespoon Danish Fetta
Rock Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Dukkah (Nutty flavoured one)
Water for Poaching Egg
Equipment – 1 x Saucepan or small pan for poaching the egg, chopping board, knife, spatula for cooking, egg ring, small mixing bowls (2).
Watch Video Tutorial – 12:04 Minutes
- Add water to saucepan and put on the heat to boil. Add metal egg ring.
- Crack your egg and add it to the egg ring in the boiling pot of water. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat when cooked.
- Prepare Your Dressing – in a small bowl add drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of Macadamia Oil (or Olive Oil) to make 1.5 Tablespoons of dressing. Lightly mix and put aside.
- Add Slice of Rye Bread to plate and drizzle 1/3 of Balsamic Vinegar Dressing on top and set aside.
- Prepare Avocado Mash – Add 1/2 Avocado to small mixing bowl with juice of 1/4 Lime, Black Pepper and Rock Salt. Mash with fork until combined. Spoon onto top of Rye Bread.
- Plate up – Add handful of Rocket on top of the avocado. Slice cherry tomatoes into halves and add to dish, add a sprinkle of pepitas. Drizzle with remaining Balsamic Vinegar Dressing, add some cracked black pepper. Remove poached egg from pan and place on top. Season with Black pepper and Rock Salt. Sprinkle 1 Teaspoon Dukkah over poached egg and salad mix. Crumble 1 Tablespoon of Danish Fetta over the top.
- Serve with Coffee or Herbal Tea.
If you enjoyed this Avocado Mash & Poached Egg Recipe and video – subscribe to my blog to get latest recipes, tips and special offers.
Disclaimer - this recipe and video does not replace medical advice. The content is not intended in any way as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen suited to your individual health needs.
Attribution: Royalty Free music in this Video from Wondershare Filmora video library "Drift" by Drift.