This protein rich Healthy Breakfast Recipe is high in antioxidants, potassium and good fats. It also comes with vegetarian options.
Quick and easy to make, the perfect post-workout breakfast to refuel your body and muscles. It also makes a great weekend brunch.
The sundried tomatoes add a rich flavour to the dish, so very little extra herbs and spices are needed. Cooked tomatoes are higher in potassium and the Kale provides nutrient rich antioxidants for the body.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
Meat Options – choose from one of the following – 1 x beef patty, 2 x Rashers of lean bacon or 1/2 marinated chicken breast.
Vegetarian Options – choose from one of the following: 3 – 4 Slices of Tempeh, 2 x Vegetarian Koftas, or 1 x Lentil Burger
1 x Large Free Range Egg
1 x Tomato or 5 x Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 Onion (white, brown or red onion)
4 x Sundried Tomatoes in Oil (halves)
Handful of Kale
Rock Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
All Purpose Seasoning
Equipment – 1 x Saucepan or small pan for poaching the egg, 1 x large non-stick frying pan, chopping board, knife, spatulas for cooking, and egg ring.
Watch Video Tutorial – 15:30 Minutes
- Add water to saucepan and put on the heat to boil. Add metal egg ring.
- Select your meat or vegetarian option.
- Prepare Your Vegetables – thoroughly wash first and then slice your zucchini, onion and halve tomato/s. Slice sundried tomato halves into smaller pieces and roughly chop the kale.
- Crack your egg and add it to the egg ring in the boiling pot of water. Let it cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Turn on heat to frypan and a drizzle of Macadamia Oil. Add your selected meat or vegetarian option. If selecting Tempeh sprinkle with All Purpose Seasoning to flavour. Turn 3 – 4 times during the cooking process until cooked through.
- Add Your Vegetables to the pan – onion and zucchini first, and whole tomato if selected. Sprinkle your whole tomato with all purpose seasoning on the side up. If using cherry tomatoes, skip this step. Add the sundried tomatoes and saute until all vegetables are lightly browned. Add the kale and spinkle with rock salt, turn lightly in the oil and cook for 1.5 minutes only. Both vegetables and your selected protein option should be cooked by now.
- Plate up and serve. Add the vegetables first, top with meat or vegetarian option. Remove the egg ring and using a flat spatula carefully remove the poached egg from the pot and plate up. Sprinkle egg with rock salt and black pepper.
- Serve with High Antioxidant Juice or choice of Soy Coffee, Herbal Tea.